33 Warnock Street
Winnipeg, MB R3E 3L6
Full-Time (37.5 hours / week)
Winnipeg Islamic Center (Masjid Bilal) serves the Winnipeg community at large and specially around the down town area. The Center was reopened on the abovementioned address on March 4, 2017. Our mission is to education, inspire and empower our youth and our families and to transform the vulnerable members of our community into productive, creative, active and energetic members of our society. The Center aims to provide prayer services and other vital needs of the community through a wide range of social and spiritual services. Some of the facilities present in the center are; class rooms, multipurpose gym, and prayer halls.
- Daily cleaning and upkeep of the building including but not limited to, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, mopping floors, shampooing carpets, dusting and cleaning glass.
- Maintenance of equipment e.g. digital projectors, tables and chairs as needed
- Grounds maintenance including checking gutters, hedge trimming, mowing, weeding, snow and ice removal, raking leaves, etc.
- Empty waste receptacles and change liners.
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms including disinfecting toilets and urinals.
- Thoroughly clean kitchen including table tops with disinfectant.
- Restock dispensers: soap, paper towel, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins.
- Dust wall and ceiling vents
- Ensure that all lights and heating are working effectively, changing light bulbs and occasionally working at height. Switch on and off of all lights and appropriate electric plug sockets.
- General porter duties and moving of furniture.
- Read Gas, Electric and Water meters as required.
- Monitoring and setting of heating controls and boilers for each room as needed.
- Ensure that the boiler rooms and all storage rooms and cupboards are tidy.
- Any other work requested by, and deemed appropriate by, the WIC Administrator
• Any relevant experience is an asset
• Some high School
- Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with staff
- Self-confidence to take the initiative
- Be responsible, honest and reliable.
- Stay calm in an emergency, for example if there is a break-in or fire.
- Have good verbal communication skills to deal with children and adults.
- Be prepared to get up early.
- Understand safe working practices and health and safety legislation.
- Have some understanding of building construction and design.
- Be able to interpret technical information.
- Be well-organized and capable of prioritizing their own work.
- Be happy to work on their own and/or capable of supervising people.
- Be flexible and enjoy a varied routine.
- Be physically fit and capable as heavy lifting may be required.
- Be able to meet targets and work to a schedule.
- Be able to follow instructions.
Salary to be negotiated dependent on experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to: email@example.com